Custom Search

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Recipe: Avocado sandwiches

Baby Moesha gets avocado everyday (and likes it!) but she can't eat the whole thing so I have to finish the rest (I hate wasting, especially with all that hunger in the world, it doesn't seem right) I tried few things and I like it on sandwiches the best.

Sandwich 1:
Put avocado on one half, cream cheese on the other, cooked turkey (or any other salami you like), and a bit of onion

Sandwich 2: (I was just told about this one at the recent playdate)
Spread avocado on the bread, cut tomatoes on top of it, add havarti cheese and grill. Yummy !!

If you have any other uses for avocado, than these sandwiches or quacamole, please share !


2 comments:

The Nanny said...

Ooooh, I love avocado! Here are a few more ways I like to eat it:

-sliced avocado with romaine lettuce, purple onions, and balsamic vinaigrette on toasted whole wheat (or multigrain) bread - a sandwich

-sliced avocado with spinach, hummus, and purple onions (and tomatoes optional) in whole wheat pita pockets

-avocado squares on a spinach salad with strawberries, purple onion, honey roasted cashews and raspberry vinaigrette

-mashed with lemon juice, diced garlic, onion powder and salt rolled up in tortillas

Enjoy! :)

Rachel said...

I cut up avocado and tomato and put pepper and soy sauce on. Mm mm mmmm! Also, avocado & citrus salads with grilled salmon & balsamic vinegar.